Wednesday, December 14, 2016

I was an Unbeliever

When you think you can't believe that there is a God..

A Devotional Study on Romans 8: 11-17


Let us read the passages:

"For the scripture says, " Everyone who believes in Him will not be put to shame."
  For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing
  His riches on those who call on Him.
  "For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
  How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed?
  And how are they to believe in Him on whom they have not heard?
  And how are they to hear  without someone preaching?
  How are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those
  who preach the good news."
  But they have not all obeyed the gospel.
  For Isaiah says, " Lord, who has believed  what he has heard from us?"
  So faith comes from hearing and hearing through the word of Christ."


The issue of "believing " is a day to day issue. 
People tend to be antagonistic over almost anything he come across everyday which contradicts personal principle, belief and tradition, except for fashion and trends which subliminally has won our trust and confidence. These are material things.

clouds in cold season- mobile photography by Jessie Jessie
Photo Credits to Jessie Jessie





How will I believe a God I don't see? 
How will I have faith...and what is faith anyway?
I am an unbeliever if I don't believe such stuff as faith?


How to answer these questions? I used to hold those questions in my mind, until I finally realized one day, that all that I learned, the knowledge and wisdom, the talents and abilities I acquired failed to help me win over my overlapping circumstances; that the more I pushed using what I know, the deeper I sank into the sinkhole I never dreamed will exist.  

Human nature dictates : " At the finality of things...we realize..."


To believe in God, we need to hear the gospel, or faith will not spring. Faith results from learning the gospel. We all heard the gospel in many forms, in many times but we sometimes choose not to believe. 


Scrutinize the gospel. Read it thoroughly. Study it yourself. Am sure you will understand it. Conquer the fear of reading it. It will change your life because you will get to know God through the gospel. Don't believe the lies that we have heard before, " nakakasira ng ulo yn." or, "baka lumampas ka sa langit."
"Walang lalampas sa langit, umabot nga eh may kundisyon pa. At talagang may predisposition na yun ng schizophrenia kaya nasira ang ulo."



Call on God when you want to hear or read His gospel,
and as it is stated, " those who call on Him will never be put to shame."
Faith is a spiritual action of the human mind. It can only grow through spiritual things like reading the gospel and understanding it. If we can activate our mind on positivity which experiences has established... we can activate our mind on faith which will make all positive things come to pass beyond what you expect because faith is greater than positivity. Faith can move the heavens, as the gospel said... positivity can only move your territory.  


Learning from the gospel is to know Jesus the Lord of all. And with and in Him, nothing is impossible.


Don't allow ourselves to come to the edge of life before we believe.



I am a believer. I trusted Jesus. I read the gospel. Since then on the promise " those who call on Him will never be put to shame." became ohh so true in my life...so I share it to all who don't believe and believe.














  

No comments: