Tuesday, November 22, 2016

What Hinders You From Doing Your Best?


You received spiritual gifts from God..
A Devotional Study on 1 Corinthians 4:1-12


Taken in Albay, Camarines Sur, Phil., Our goals in life should be clear and attainable.
(cloud hunting by Jessie dela Cruz)


What hinders you from doing your best?
Is it education?
Is it inferiority feelings?
Is it lack of opportunity?


Do you have questions like:

"Why do others succeed, while I don't? What's our difference?"



This post is a simple enlightenment.
We tend to forget important things when our minds get distracted by the sub-goals we make. These sub-goals are not the secondary objectives we make out of urgency, need to flight or escape, need to cope up with others's success, the tendency to be the "savior", and lack of focus on what we truly want to do.


To answer the questions above, we need to know what is in the mind of the One who created us- God. He created man, He knows man's limits and capabilities, He knows man's forgetfulness and frailties. But best of all, when He knows all of these things about us, In his omniscience, He knows the answer to all our questions.


" Now, dear brothers and sisters,
regarding your questions about the special abilities the Spirit gives us. I don't want you
to misunderstand this.
You know that when you were still pagans, you were led astray and swept along in 
worshiping speechless idols.
So I want you to know that no one speaking by the Spirit of God will curse Jesus, and no one  can
say Jesus is Lord , except by the Holy Spirit.

There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit is the source of them all.
There are different kinds of service , but we serve the same Lord.
God works in different ways, but it is the same God who does the work in all of us.

The spiritual gift is given to us so we can help each other.
To one person, the Spirit gives the ability to give wise advise;
to another the same Spirit gives the message of special knowledge.
The same Spirit gives great faith to another, 
and to someone else, the one Spirit gives the gift of healing.
He gives one person the power to perform miracles, and another the ability to prophesy.
He gives someone else the ability to discern whether the message is from the Spirit of God  or
from another spirit.
Still another person is given the ability to speak in unknown languages, while another is given the
ability to interpret what is being said.
It is the one and only Spirit who distributes all these gifts.
He alone decides which gift each person should have. 
Yes, the body has many parts, not just one part;
if the foot says "I am not part of the body because I am not a hand.", does that not make it any less
a part of the body. 
If the ear says, "I am not part of the body because I am not an eye." , would that make it any less than
a part of the body? If your whole body were an eye, how would you hear? Or if your whole body were an ear, how would you smell?
Our bodies have many parts, and God has put each part just where He wants it.
How strange would a body if it had only one part.
Yes, there are many parts but only one body.
The eye can never say to the hand, "I don't need you." 
The head can't say to the feet, "I don't need you."
In fact , some parts of the body that seem weakest and least important are actually the most necessary."   ( I Corinthians 4: 1-12,14-22, NLT)



The gifts mentioned above are the basic and foundation gifts given to us by God through the power of the Holy Spirit. All of us have our innate talents and potentials, untapped or already in use. Yet when we begin to live our lives in faith in Jesus, the innate potentials and talents we have will undergo enhancements and we receive more gifts according to our use of our talents. We don't know this, because we never ask, and worst we never observe ourselves. Some of the talents and abilities you may have are being used by you without you noticing it.

There is no man without talents and abilities.
There is no man born with no IQ.
Walang taong ipinanganak na bobo, pero maraming tao ang lumalaki at tumatandang hindi alam mag analisa ng kanilang sariling kakayahan kaya hindi nila mapakinabangan ang kanilang mga nalalaman.



Many people grow up and grow old who don't know how to analyze themselves to found out that they have certain abilities which they can use for their own benefit and success. We rely too much on what other people says we must do and where to go to succeed. Actually, it's not bad, but passion will not be borne on something you do which is not you.


You don't need a higher degree of diploma to find our your way to success. You just need to analyze your God-given potentials and talents by taking a time to study yourself. Once you discover what you have, then take a training to enhance it, and devise a plan on how to use your God-given talent to benefit you and other people.


Remember, we are all part of one body. Our God-given talents were purposely designed so we can share with other people, not  just to ourselves, for all of us humans to reach the heaven's goal for all humankind.


God bless us as we take the time to study ourselves. Then we can say, "We don't lack in anything. God has provided everything for us to succeed."

Your choice.
My choice.


" I never knew I can write books, until a friend noticed the way I construct my sentences in my reports.
One day, she asked me, " When you retire, what career would you like to do?"
I said, " I'll go back to painting, since it was my first choice of profession before I got to education and psychology."
She said, " Why not become a writer?"
I said, " It's a difficult stuff. I don't think I can."
She kept quiet but the following years before she died, she told me how she writes books ( she was a writer of a prestigious publication in the country). Because she's much like my grandmother in age, I just listened to her. never knew that her words sank in my spirit.
Two years passed after her death, I got an accidental offer from a friend editor to write a book with her team. I was hesitant but my friend insisted that I can do it. Through her guidance I was able to do so. And I write since then. Every time I hit the keys on my keyboard, I remember her last words to me, " You know so much but you don't know it. Take time to stop and be quiet with yourself."




" Father in Heaven,

   Thank you for the gifts and talents You gave me. Help me to know them all and teach me how to use them so I can help myself, and my family and be able to bless others also, thus I may give glory to You. In Jesus' name. -  Amen

 











No comments: