Friday, June 22, 2007

" Dominic"




Dominic was a stranger who landed on my cellphone, through a mistaken identity situation, on a hot, tensed and tiring Sunday afternoon of June. I had no idea that this person is a "someone" in showbizness because of his father's legacy! I didn't even know that this guy exists because I don't usually watch television except for news and english movies I prefer to watch. My confusion as to this mistaken identity led him to find out how my number got into his brother's celphone. I thought that was a short moment. And I thought this man was just pretending to be what he claimed to be: the son of a legendary actor!

I called that day a shot! All things forgotten including this "Dominic".

While trying to find my way along J.P. Rizal Avenue, Dominic sent me a message. And this went on everyday up to this day. No period of the day that he stopped sending me messages, even while in classes ( for he's attending his Mass Communication classes in Mapua), in shootings, in tapings, even in practices for the SOP opening numbers! He lets me know his ways to and fro! I know if he's sick, or busy, or simply tired, or irritated!

We became best friends!

Our friendship was already put to the test. It is good that we always end up forgiving one another, as if nothing happened, our friendship continues.

Day after day, I came to know Dominic. He's a sweet person but hesitant to show his feelings. You see him on tv as out-going and funny, but in real life, he's quiet and "torpe". He hates noise and loud voices. He dislikes women who are loudmouthed and "maarte". He likes simple women who can talk to him about everything and anything. A woman who can make him laugh is a plus to him. The best I like in him is his humility. He's quick to admit his fault and to say " I'm sorry.". And he will make you feel that you're important to him! He's also a perfectionist man, responsible and punctual, loyal to his commitments and hates laziness!

But that's not all with Dominic. There are a lot of beautiful things about him!

And wishes too. He wishes to be free! Free from public scrutiny! Free to move about! Free to be himself! It's not easy to be in showbizness, he said.

Oh, that's true, even I can feel it!

Did I already come face to face with Dominic? Not yet! Our time and work can't permit us to do so but promised to be one day. Oh, but am scared! Scared to see him!

If I will assign him a color in my world, I will give him my favorite color "Black"! Because you need to unlock him to get to know him, and when you do, you'll discover that he's more than meets the eye!

I hope our friendship will last a lifetime!

No comments: