Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Friends come, Friends go in life

"....someone to hold,
someone to cry,
someone who'll make me feel all right..."
-Maybe
jolina magdangal


It's a fair day since Sunday, only got a little unfair yesterday when a supposed friend dropped me off from his list of friends! Shukss! Naiyak ako! My frustration seemed triggered the sky... it thundered, and caused a 3 minutes brown out in our area, shut down my cpu while I forgot to saved the documents I was working on! I was kinda "brought back to my senses" when the brown out stroke!I paused for a while and controlled my frustration and sama ng loob.

I've talked about "rejection" last month, and a friend of mine who's a training facilitator, said he's given an assignment to discuss this topic scientifically and medically to his bunch of trainees. We have discussed the underlying factors, misconceptions and treatment of "rejection" in the YM. Well, I was given a taste of it, perhaps so I could put to a test everything I have contributed in our discussion of this topic, "rejection".

A friend go, some friends come! The heaven always has its way of cheering me up! I gained a friend from Mindanao, who's honest enough to admit who he is and accept whatever is in my profile! And I'm also glad to be a textmate to a celebrity, which is not a product of Sun promo offer, but of a mistaken identity. The story how he landed on my phone is hilarious but it's like a drop of rain on my very exhausting Sunday afternoon! My laughter echoed to the community, the tribespeople looked at me with amazement exclaiming " teacher, ok lang po kau? masaya po kau?". Nobody likes to believe me that its true. Maybe because its difficult to trust a text message, coz you can't see who's on the other side. Madaling gawin 'yan! But nevertheless, I"m still proud that my range of friendships is getting wider. We've been texting now for 3 days, informing me where he is and what he's doing. And telling me what's in his mind!

This afternoon, I'd go 3kms walk to the seashore to get into a banca into the nearby island where my work is. Go back by 6pm. I hope this time, the banca will be fine, coz yesterday its almost "abandon ship!" in the middle of the bay for the 3 of us who gone by the island! Buti na lang di uso ang sharks ngayon dito sa amin! I don't know how to swim, but the irony of life is, I was called to work in the communities of "water people" who are like dolphins when they're in the water!

This is life... I believe we should enjoy it, with its pains and sorrows. Not to, is to deprive ourselves of its essence!

No comments: