Thursday, March 13, 2008

It's one of these three weeks

I've been here in the lowlands for three long weeks now working on my other job in a school. I haven't got any rest since then and I can feel the fatigue on my neck and legs.

One night, as I was computing on some grades of students who have the tendency to be repeaters, a news was running on the screen of my television about the Bb. Pilipinas coronation night... a winner spoke out her "winning speech" that made me spew out the bread I was eating!

"My gosh, ang galing! Pano nanalo yan?" was my remark with amazement, wondering how this gal made it to the crown!

Confidence and height alone should not be the only criteria in choosing a "queen" who will represent our country to the world. Intelligence and outstanding personality should be! Beside, she will speak out for us, she will create an image of us Filipinos to the world. She will promote even our education system to the world which holds an outstanding image as the best english speaking country. (Best because Filipinos speaks English using correct grammar, unlike the Westerns who don't care about grammar at all.). How will she speak for us if she can't even express herself correctly and confidently? Giggling and making excuses are not expression of confidence! "Sus, simpleng English lang, di pa masalita." sabi nga ng mga katulad din nyang poor at ordinaryong estudyante na nag-aaral din sa mga simpleng eskwelahan dito sa amin!

Hayyy!!! Kainis! "Tanga na nga kami, tinatanga pa!" sabi ng mga langaw. " Indi! Siya lang ang tanga!" sagot ng mga bubuwit!

Hayyy!!! (again)


Talking about autism and specially gifted kids, it's one of my frequent enrolment encounter... encounter with denying parents! Denying is the common response to this challenge in kids. However, denying doesn't do any good to these special children, it just delay the possible progress the kids may have. Denying is understandable but it should not be pampered within. If only parents should forget themselves and focus on the kids' progress a lot of things will be accomplished to help these kids become who they should be in the future. Denial kills!


What's good about bloghopping and exchanging links is that you get inspired and entertained by other people's work. Mine is somekinda serious. It's looking at things the other way around. I am amused at the colors, pictures and write ups of other people's blogs. Other's make me laugh! Kian's is one of my favorite. Its down-to-earth and very light. Nawawala pagod ko pag nababasa ko write ups niya! O, mababaw lang talaga kaligayahan ko?

No comments: