Saturday, October 27, 2007

Excerpts from Sunsets

On Difficult Situations:

Being in a difficult situation calls for a strong determination to control the emotion to be able to do the right thing. But sometimes you can't help it-- you will certainly emote! But no matter how deep the emotion may be, what matters most is how you will gonna spring back to your old sane position, to be able to do the right thing!


Losing A Friend:

Losing a friend is like being amputated of your left hand, specially if you have devoted years letting your friendship grow. The pain cannot be erased specially if the loss is due to some dreams that can't come true. You can't help ask if your friendship was really built on solid ground. But a friendship needs an equal amount of respect to allow your friend to heal, learn and grow so that the tie will remain for future "reference".


Rainbow Connection:

When God first drew the rainbow in the sky, it symbolized His promise that never again will He destroy earth with a flood. When I first saw a rainbow that spoke to my heart, it was night, 9pm. It was a reminder of God's covenant in my life. I saw it again, in the middle of the heavy rain, over my house, two rainbows in perfect arches!

Taming the Fox

I got this from my email: A prince met a fox who's looking for someone to tame him so he could be his friend. The prince doesn't know how to tame a fox, he said he would rather tame his roses. The fox taught the prince how he will tame him, and he said: " You Prince will come to me everyday, sit before me, saying nothing... just look at me and I will look at you in the corner of my eye. And everyday you will sit closer to me. Because words are source of misunderstanding...". Conventional ways of knowing a person sometimes fail. We could say we have stayed with a person for years thinking we already knew him, but it's a sad fact to find out that after all the years, the other person will blurt out, " You didn't know me."! Sometimes, it's much better to follow the fox' way- "tame me", meaning "know me by feeling me!". That's how God knows us all... He knows us by heart not by mind, or else He would not understand our complications.

I wish the person who sent me that email has learned the fox' way. I don't think so, for he/she has failed to "tame" me.... so sad.


Sunsets

It doesn't mean the end of life. It doesn't mean growing old. It doesn't mean things are already done, one has to walk away...

I do my thinking on sunsets. It means a start of my life. It means a new day will come, tomorrow. It means I have to go on and never give up. It means life is beautiful in spite of the many difficult circumstances. It means rest to my weariness. I saw a lot of sunsets in my life, and I thank God for them.


" God has made every thing beautiful in His time...". -Ecclesiastes 3:11





No comments: