Saturday, October 6, 2007

Looking Back...Passing By

Running errand for my mother in the city... as usual, naligaw ulit ako. I just can't memorize the route of jeepneys in the city. Instead of reaching SM in Pallocan West, I went as far as Alangilan. Sensing the way was wrong, I alighted from the jeep. There goes me... I decided to walk back to the right way.
I passed by the capitolio... I wondered when will I be able to get inside the Gov. Vi's office? The same way I did in Bulacan's governor's office.
I stepped onto fallen calachuchi flowers along the sidewalk... hmmm the scent! It brings back to my memory our old log house in Valenzuela City, when I was in high school. Sitting on top of our cemented fence, I would watch kids of my age play on the road. I couldn't join because of my RHD! That RHD of mine have wasted my youth! So glad I am out of it!
Passing by a fire tree with lots of flowers.... Oh gee, this tree reminds me of my birthday. Fire trees peaked its flowering in summer! Uhhhh, I love summer! The flowers, the heat, the opportunities summer may bring. Summer always, since I was young, brings me a lot of opportunities and memories. If some people get excited about Christmas, I get excited when summer draws near. Christmas brings me tears because of some unlikely memories, and tension because of gastusin! The "inaanaks" huh! Di pa naman ako sanay magtago, I love being caught and kissed by the hand saying, " Mano po ninang! Ehem, regalo ko!".
Fire trees rekindle the memories of my birthday, vacation and some good people in my life I met in the past who in some way and so short period of time have made me happy.
I finally made it to the right way. Riding the jeep to SM, I can smell the scent of the rain. May amoy pala ang ulan... at siyempre malamig ang pakiramdam. It was a cool scent. I remembered a song I heard:
" God will make a way whether seems to be no way,
He works in ways we cannot see..."
I read that as a verse in Isaiah where God told to His people in their impossible times that He will make a way in the desert.
Because I did face some difficult situations.
Reaching my destination, I felt relief after a long trip.
Time to play Time Crisis!

No comments: