Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I am A PK !

I belong to a circle of kids around the world known as the PKs. We're millions now though, and each of us like the rest of the kids out there, are unique in many different ways. But I don't like to speak about its uniqueness. I'd like to speak about what we sometimes think and feel which none of the people out there, including our parents, know and care to know.


Since this blog is about " talkative mind"... perhaps reading this is the only best way to do. I thought about this write up when I attended a seminar on Values Plus II Last Saturday. I shook hands with the guest speaker and she recognized instantly with a blurt, " Oh, you're a PK! So am I! We belong to the same circle! Ha ha ha!"


PK means " Preacher's Kid"! I guess, you already know where am heading to. Well, I'm not only a PK, am also a MK (Missionary Kid)!! And in our family, all my nieces and nephews, cousins and relatives in the 2nd to the 4th generations are all PKs!!


Is it hard to be one? How does life being one goes? Do we share feelings and encounters like other kids whose parents are not like ours? And many more questions.. unendless questions.


Our parents are popular. People see them in television, in the streets, hear them on radios, involved in politics, in education, in all areas of the society. They have networking groups, associations and even corporations! If other kids have their parents working at day and can only be seen at night, our parents are working on call 24/7 everyday! For MK's, their parents are absent from home most of the time, mostly weeks and months! For tribal missionaries like me, sometimes it takes years to be far away from home! Grabe di ba? That's why MK's go with their parents wherever they go.


We kids live in the back of the limelight. We are expected to behave according to the norms. We are expected to live up with the biblical principles. We, like other people in this creation also needs to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ! Our parents salvation is not transferrable to us their kids. And in the future, when we grow up, we are being expected to be called by God in His service following the footsteps of our parents. We bear in our shoulders the big obligation to tell others about Jesus, His love for us His creation, and His sacrifice just to pay for the sins of every individual on earth. To tell them that God has provided all of us the deep meaning of our existence.


We feel the same way like other kids do. We have the same fears and struggles, only we do not have " our own will". And its so hard sometimes! But as to the grace and favor from the Almighty... we're so rich of it!!


Well I guess, I have to go now... work calling! Chow!

No comments: