Sunday, July 8, 2007

"Life, Eicher is sometimes like this."

Tonight is the first clear evening sky of July! I decided to go for a short walk in the village. I looked at the light studded mountains not far away from our place... it's beautiful! The gentle breeze is lightly touching my face and neck like an embrace.

I stood up in the middle of the village, looked up in the sky and uttered a short prayer. Prayer is what I can do now.

"I wish, Oh God, I am only dreaming... and please wake me up.
I know I can't do anything for this.... please be in control."

I sat down under the banana tree and tried to organize in my mind what is this happening to me.

Life is sometimes like this. It has its way of making you laugh and cry. It also has its way to make you hysterical or placid. Sometimes it has its humor, and sometimes its humor hurts! It breaks! Sometimes it's just so fair, everything seems to fall into right places, and we all laugh unendlessly! However and whatever it may be, there is something to learn... always.

It's like weathering a rock formation-- it can change, or add something to who you really are. As for me, I changed! It etched in me humility. I got a deeper understanding of... love and forgiveness.

But you said, Love is not a destiny. It's a choice!
Yes, I see, and it's true. Everything we do is a matter of choice.
But Newton is also right when he said that in every action, there is an equal or opposite reaction.
Even our choices have equivalent reactions. It's up to us how to bear them! Tama ba ako?
...but our choices are hanging in the air.


Between us is a river with a bridge, none of us can't go up to the other side, because the bridge is broken.
Between us is a giant wall that separates us from even merely our views of each other. Only our voices can be heard!

Life is sometimes like this.

Acceptance is a must if we want to survive;
the right choices, if want to stay happy;
and prayer if we want to keep on moving.

Do not worry, life doesn't end here...




No comments: