Friday, May 18, 2007

heat, coffee and wishes

It's a very hot day!! Adding worst to it is the smell of LPG coming from the Shell Refinery nearby!! It's only 5kms away from our community. It's burning petroleum day and night, everyday! It triggered my asthma! I'm so glad I was able to bring my ventolin gun. I pumped 2 shots to my throat, no effect! I can feel the lack of oxygen in my body. I pumped in again another 2 shots. I became "groge", but I was still able to call in my trainees and give them their assignments before I decided to confine myself inside the airconditioned room in the house and rest.( My dad managed to have an aircon here for such a time as this.). I resent this ! I am alone here, its been 3 weeks now since my mom & dad went to Japan...and I feel sick! I have no cooked food in the fridge, all raw, and I can't get off my bed. Worst, am hungry!! I missed my mom! nyah!

I woke up at 2pm. Feeling okay na. Opened the computer and read the blogs of my links! After that, I tried to work on my notes again, and do some reading on Jim Cymbala's book "The Life God Blesses" (The secret of enjoying God's Favor). It's the 2nd book I read written by him. The other one is "Breakthrough Prayer". Both books are so good, timely and real! I did them while having my undying coffee and otap! I bought a can of otap 3 weeks ago. And the coffee... its 3 packs for 3 weeks, all gone now! I bought another one yesterday. Am becoming coffeeholic again drinking 4 to 6 mugs a day! kasalanan ng otap!!

I was able to break away from this coffee and softdrinks for 5 months, I guess. I learned to take choco drinks, milk, yogurt drinks , cereal drinks, juices and sorts to replace coffee. I did for 5 months, but these 3 weeks, the habit came in again! I only noticed it now. I can already hear what Rico, (a friend from Pluto), will yell to me at the phone when he learn am on the "mug" again. (He calls every week just to find out if am continuing on the milk habit. ). Coffee really tastes so good, specially brewed! no milk! It relaxes me! Having coffee under the banana tree, looking at the star- studded sky while thinking about what I have done and said the whole day.... utterring a short "thank you" prayer to God above,.... what more can you ask for in a simple life like this? It's like you have everything already.

Perhaps, that's the only thing I want in life.... a simple life... no complications... no pressures... out of my complicated life.

I'll go to Bulacan by Monday. Be back by Wednesday. I can now go to the dinner invitation I have next week, play R.O.S.E. with Pasaway Sexy, watch Pirates of the Carribean with friends, visit Rizal Park ( sana magawa ko pa.) and do some office works in the school where am connected. Am not a teacher. (defensive!) am often mistaken as one.

My wishes for today: That the Lord will bless my intentions and grant my requests of school supplies for our children in the community, and medicines for the people. That the rain will come on time.





No comments: