Wednesday, May 30, 2007

this poem,RAC,the wedding and me

Do I need to go out to the grounds
to know if the rain is already here?
Do I need to pause for a while
to feel that I"m forgetting something?
Do I have to beg for the time to speed up its hands,
So I could catch up with you in the clouds?

Am I just a dreamer ? or I'm a fool believing?
A wishful thinking? What could I be?
Shall I stop knowing? Shall I cease from waiting?
Shall I stop believing? Something you do not know.

At sunset, the waves return to the sea, the birds to its nests.
The man to his home.
Shall I remain standing here, still believing
For something none of us have ever known.


It's already Alba-a subo!( Wednesday morning). Still awake. My tiredness won't leave me! So I do this blog.

I left Batangas yesterday at 5:30am to go to the RAC of the DSWD in Manila City Hall, to claim 2 Badjaos who were mistaken as beggars in Pier,Manila. They went to the Pier to fetch some relatives from Davao. After showing some documents, they were released to me. Cries, hugs and kisses melted down my hunger and fatigue. They were like little children clinging to my arms as we walked along LRT to the bus station with all eyes on us! My best friend who's with me can't believe that it's happening.

It's part of my work. Am not a social worker. Inside the RAC, I thought, I should have taken that course- Social Work.

After bringing the badjaos to the bus, and made some requests to the bus conductor for them, I asked my friend if we could go to the NSO to authenticate my birth certificate, but the rain came in the way! I thought, perhaps it's not yet time for me to get a license, since it'll take 3 days for the NSO to authenticate a docu. I'll be very late for the filing due of documents for the licensure examination. Surely I'll miss it! So I shifted gear- I'll take my M.A. instead if I will not be enrolled in the mission school this August in Mindanao. And get a license next year! Di naman mukhang magulo, ano? Parang lang!

Am still thinking of our school. Still up to now. Am getting a headache because of it! Now, I can appreciate being an employee. No headaches! You just have to contend with the boss, but when 5pm strikes, you go home and forget about your job, come again tomorrow.

At 8am Salasa (Tuesday), I enrolled to a public school my 13 badjao pupils, all first time in a public school. I, one by one introduced their mothers to the teachers and show where the classrooms are. I hope things will get well the whole school year for them!

By 2pm, I was in a wedding ceremony of 2 young badjaos in the tribe an island away from ours. This is the 2nd badjao wedding I attended. The wedding prelude takes 3 days of non-stop dancing and eating! I was there during the baysanan ( bridal shower & stag party combined). I've never seen so many huge round trays filled with different kinds of bread and the whole tribe's got to eat all the food! I also have never seen such display of jewelries, real gold, worn by the couple, the family and the guests! All guests have to dance the igal, their native dance. And of course, I danced! I received panggi (where other guests put money on your fingers while you dance). There are so many people, all badjaos! The food are not like ours except for the pancit. But they are okay to eat. Besides I need to eat them whether I like it or not. And you have to eat them kamayan! Their culture on acceptance is so sensitive. And I've never experienced such a feeling of being honored as a wedding guest! I like their culture! I like the malong! And the igal dance is regal! They are poor but they have a rich culture! I learned the igal so well, the wearing of malong is something I can't perfect! I can't learn the female waist fold. So I use the male waist fold which always earn a remark from my mom," ano ka lalaki?"

By 5pm, I tried to review words I learned in sinama, (badjao's dialect). And sang some sinama songs so I won't forget the intonations and of course, the words.

By 9pm, I opened my e-mail inbox to check for mails. An e-mail stroke me. It says, "There are 2 women within a woman: one is the socially acceptable woman, and the other is the natural woman. Both in a woman. very few women know this. It is rare to find a woman who can nurture her natural self without hurting her socially acceptable self and keeping it safe.". Hmmmm.

By 11pm, my head spun after knowing and analyzing that I over-withdrawn money from one of the bank accounts of my daddy! My dad yelled on the other side of the broadband, "Ano??!!!".... Ouchh!!!

I have to go to Bulacan today at 5am. Mission? Mangaral ng kapatid na naho homesick kaya umuwi ng Pinas ng walang nakakaalam! (added secret mission: watch Shrek 3. Ha ha ha!)

OMG!! What a day!!

*************************************************************

To those who gave their comments about my blog in teen talk! Thank you very much! Mwah! Mwah! mwah!

*************************************************************

Oh yeah, I finally watched Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End. Sorry to myself, I only understood what the East India Trading is trying to do in the movie. I can't understand the Calypso thing. What does it got to do with the story? I"ve watched all Pirates but I didn't get it! But I can't forget the wedding scene of Elizabeth & Will, and Will becoming the destined captain of the Dutchman....

" Captain forever"

*************************************************************

I sing this love song:

Pakale maka pinaheya. Masulga maka madunya.
Iya kamemon du makaasadya.
P'nno iya sin lasa
M'bal magka pinda,
O'mma kalangan ku, sin lasa nu.

( Oh, let heaven & earth hear, I want everyone to know:
That my love for you never ceases....)


No comments: