Sunday, May 20, 2007

" Looking Up the Picture"

Before I go, my eyes caught my parents' picture near the door of the room. I intentionally nailed it there when I re-arranged the house. Though I put it there, I don't usually look at it, only now... it's my daddy's face which I don't want to look at!

My dad's 60 years old already but he's still able and good looking. Half of my features' from him, specially my chinita eyes. He's strict and perfectionist, a frustrated military man. We had many hard & difficult times, always at odds with each other, that's when I was in college. Nobody can't believe, even my mom that I would be his successor, (because I have 3 brothers). When I accepted this job, which is his job, and work with him, everyone in the family have their fingers crossed! Dad & I have exactly opposite personalities!

But all things worked well with the two of us. I can't believe he has trusted me so much, even with all his personal bank accounts! Maybe because both of us have "grown" with age. Maybe because both of us have realized how "beautiful" each of us is. Maybe because my dad have realized that in most part of my life, I am right. And maybe because I, too have realized that no matter what I do, wherever I may go, he is my dad.

In our family, it's not a practice to say or show expression of love. Concern,yes! But to say it,.... nahhh! ( I've beaten that in my personal life! I express!) ... In this blog, I honestly say, I appreciate my dad! I missed the big guy of our house! I can't help shouting at his picture, where he's smiling so gentle, " daddy, uwi ka na! ( gusto ko magbakasyon!)". Hu hu hu hu! And say to him in our conversation in yahoo messanger that, " miz ya, dad! Uwi ko!". He will just say, "Ok, wala na?". But he posts messages for me everyday in my e-mail !

If ever he will read this, I know what he'll give me..... a pat on my head. no words! But I
say, my daddy is a great father! A lot of people love him! And I miz him.... : )

No comments: